You may be asked to participate in different types of tests through UserTesting. We want you to feel prepared to complete these other types of tests successfully. Below are the most common ones:
These tests are completed on a Mac or a Windows computer. Most of the time, you’ll be providing feedback on a website.
Length: 15-20 minutes
Payments: $10 per test
Live Conversation tests
Length: 30-60 minutes
Payments: $30 - $60 per test, depending on length.
Mobile Tests (using the UserTesting app)
- Must be on at least iOS 9 or Android 4.0
- iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, or 6s Plus
- iPad 3, 4, iPad Air, or iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini or Mini 2
- Most Android devices
Prototype (or wireframe) tests are websites or apps that aren't completely finished yet. The developers are still tinkering with a concept for their site or app, and want to find out whether or not they're on the right track. If something doesn't work as you expected, explain what you expected to happen and move on.
Recruitment tests are pre-qualifying tests that you take to be considered for future special studies. Some recruitment tests require you to submit a video, while others are a simple survey. You may receive these in your "Available Tests" tab, or see them located in a blue banner bar on your dashboard. Please note that you aren’t paid for taking these types of tests, as they are merely to determine if you’re eligible for further studies. The following are some general types that you may become qualified for:
- Moderated - We have moderators who assist and guide contributors during a session. These are usually special circumstances that require more time to set up and take. Since it requires more time, the payments are typically more.
- Longitudinal - Also known as diary studies, these may be unmoderated or moderated and may last from a few days to weeks.