What is it?
A mobile app that lets you take tests, right from your Android device. No computer or webcam necessary.
Are there any requirements?
Before you install the UserTesting app on your Android device, make sure that you meet the following requirements.
- Android OS 5.0 or higher
- At least 400MB of available space on your device and 20% battery life when you try to take a test.
- To avoid upload problems, we strongly recommend that you connect to a Wi-Fi network when you upload your completed test. Wi-Fi is faster and more reliable.
We work hard to support the widest range of Android devices possible, but due to the wide variety available, we can't provide an exhaustive list of supported devices. Among the supported devices, some of the more popular ones are the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, and S5, the Samsung Note 3 and 4, the HTC One, the Nexus 5, and the Motorola X. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about testing with your Android device.
How do you get started?
Follow these 3 simple steps to download and install the UserTesting app:
1. Go to usertesting.com/app on your Android device to download the app.
2. Once downloaded, tap on the UserTesting_Dashboard.apk file to open it. You'll then be prompted to allow the app to install on your device.
If you have anti-virus apps installed on your device, it may affect installation. To avoid this, try opening the .apk with your anti-virus program instead of the Android Package Installer.
3. Finally, you'll be shown a list of permissions the app needs access to in order to work on your device. Click here to find out why we request them. Tap Install to complete the installation.
Once you have completed all of the installation steps, you can sign in to your mobile dashboard to see what tests may be available. Use the same email and password that you use when signing in to your computer dashboard.
As always, if you have any questions, comments or feedback, please let us know.