Q1. What are the system requirements?
Q2. How do I know what version of Chrome I’m on?
Q3. Where can I install the Chrome extension?
Q4. How do I uninstall the Chrome extension?
Q5. What if I have multiple monitors?
Q6. There’s an upload issue. What should I do?
Q7. I’m running into some weird behavior. What should I do?
Q8. What happens if I hit 'Stop sharing'?
What are the system requirements?
- You'll need to have Google Chrome installed. We suggest using the most up-to-date version available.
- This extension runs on PC, Mac, and Linux.
How do I know what version of Chrome I’m on?
- Copy and paste this link into your browser ‘chrome://help/’
- If you’re on an older version of Chrome you can update it on this screen.
- For more information, you can go here.
- When you accept a test that requires the extension, you’ll see a button prompting you to install it and then a system dialogue to add it.
- Find detailed instructions here.
How do I uninstall the Chrome extension?
- Copy and paste this link ‘chrome://extensions’ into your browser and locate the UserTesting extension.
- Then tap on the garbage can.
What if I have multiple monitors?
- The chrome extension works with multiple monitor setups.
- All you need to do is select the monitor you’d like to record by scrolling down the options you see here.
- After finding the one you want to record just tap ‘Share.’
- Reach out to the Support team and we can investigate why this happened.
- Currently, there is no way to restart an upload.
- Try restarting Chrome first, we find this resolves a lot of issues.
- Try uninstalling the Chrome extension and installing it again to see if that resolves it.
- If that doesn’t resolve it what you can do to help us is provide screenshots of what you’re seeing and reproducible steps.
- Our "Check for Missing Videos" button will not work for tests recorded using the Chrome extension.
- Your video will stop recording and your test will be cancelled. You will not complete the test or receive payment.
- Unless you want to quit your test, do not click this button.
• When you’re ready to begin the study, make sure you’re in a quiet place.
• If you’re completing your session on a laptop, make sure you have a mic plugged into your device. A mic must be plugged in to start the study, to ensure that the recording is clear and audible. (You will receive an error message if a mic is not detected.)
• Disable anything that might disrupt the recording process, including ad blockers, corporate firewalls or anti-virus software.
• It’s a good idea to exit out of any other app or program you may have running in the background before beginning.
• Make sure your browser is not in full screen mode.
• Close down any tabs or background materials that you do not want recorded
• As a reminder, make sure you have a mic connected to your laptop following download, before you open the recorder.
• If you run into issues with the installation process, refresh your browser or shut down and then reopen the browser. If this doesn’t work, try to uninstall and reinstall the recorder.