Not every upload goes smoothly. We've listed some of the most common reasons your upload may have stalled, or why you received a notification alerting you it was unsuccessful. Resolving any of the issues listed below should help your future uploads go smoothly!
1. Firewalls - Firewalls can slow down or stop the upload process.
- Some public Wi-Fi hotspots have firewalls in place that may not allow you to upload or download properly.
2. Business network restrictions
- Participants accessing UserTesting from an office setting may find that their IT department has blocked or slowed down connections.
- Try consulting your IT department on restrictions they may have placed on uploads or unapproved websites.
- You can determine this by leaving your company network (for example, a guest network) and seeing if the issue persists.
3. Internet Service Provider
- Sometimes slow upload speeds are caused by your Internet Service Provider. We suggest an upload speed of at least 3mbps.
- We recommend a high speed Internet connection with high upload speeds.
- Often with Cable and DSL, the upload speed is significantly slower than the download speed. This will result in fast loading times for most websites and file downloads, but slow uploads.
- Android Users: If you encounter an upload issue again, we suggest closing out of the app completely and then opening it back up. This will trigger an automatic check for all failed uploads and try to upload the videos again.
Note: our platform is now able to detect when an upload issue has occurred and will automatically compensate you for your time and effort!
However, if you don't see an additional payment added to your "Pending Payments" after a couple of days, please let us know and we'll investigate further.