If you have updated your Mac computer to macOS 10.15 Catalina, you will need to update your security settings to enable Screen Recording access and Microphone access for the UserTesting Browser Recorder and the UserTesting Screen Recorder.
When you access your UserTesting dashboard after upgrading to macOS Catalina, you’ll be prompted to update these settings before you can proceed.
1. First, click “Allow” to give the UserTesting Browser Recorder access to your microphone.
**NOTE: If you accidentally click “Block” or do not see this prompt, please see How do I give microphone permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder?**
2. Once you allow access to your microphone, you’ll be prompted to share your screen. Select your screen under “Your Entire Screen”, and click “Share”.
**Note: If you have multiple monitors, please make sure you select the correct monitor to record.**
3. To ensure we can record your screen properly, we added blue circles to the preview. If you see blue circles in this step, click “Yes”.
4. You should see a “Success!” message at this point. Once you click “Done”, you’ll be able to continue taking tests using the UserTesting Browser Recorder.
If you did not see blue circles in Step 3, you’ll need to give the UserTesting Browser Recorder access to Screen Recording in your Mac’s System Preferences.
1. Click the Apple logo in the top-left of your computer screen and select System Preferences from the dropdown menu.
Navigate to Security & Privacy in your System Preferences.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Scroll down to Screen Recording and select the box next to Google Chrome, and UserTesting (if you plan to accept tests using a browser other than Google Chrome).
**NOTE: If you plan to accept Live Conversation tests, you’ll need to select the box next to zoom.us as well.**
5. Once you select the box next to Google Chrome, you’ll be prompted to quit Chrome to apply these settings. Don’t worry! When you reopen Chrome and navigate to your UserTesting dashboard, you’ll be taken back to Step 3, where you should now see blue circles.
6. Proceed through the last steps to complete this process and return to testing.
Thank you for taking the time to apply these new settings. Happy testing!