When you install the UserTesting Browser Recorder, you'll need to grant access to your microphone in order to take tests.
To grant microphone access, click "Allow" when prompted to do so in the top-left corner of your browser window:
If you successfully complete this step, the UserTesting Browser Recorder should detect your microphone, and you should be able to pass our Mic Check. If you are still unable to pass the Mic Check, check out our audio troubleshooting article here.
If you need to reset your permissions at any time, you can do so in your browser settings by doing the following.
1. Click the three dots in the top-right of your browser window, and navigate to Settings.
2. In your Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
3. In the Advanced section, click on Site Settings.
4. Click on the arrow next to Microphone.
5. Find UserTesting in the list, and click the arrow next to it.
6. Change your Microphone preference from Block to Allow.
7. When you return to the page with the UserTesting Browser Recorder, click Reload to apply your new settings.
8. Our recorder should now be able to detect your microphone, and you should be able to pass the Mic Check and begin your test.
Thank you for taking the time to learn how to give microphone permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder. Happy testing!